Tuesday, August 10, 2010

That time of year again

Well I have to admit I have been a bit slack this year with blog postings.....but then again I haven't really received a massive response from the student body. Perhaps like me you were all busy doing stuff around town during Sydney Design Week......


So here is what I have been up to...... to kick off design week I ran a masterclass at Gaffa Gallery (in Clarence St). This is a great new design venue, that you should check out. I was given a very open brief around story telling. My role was to direct 4 students from different design schools through to a product. Other than story telling we had to play with shape and balance...... So over 2 days we discussed, drew, discussed, argued and finally made the final design. There were 3 other mentors each with different out comes.....








Design is not only happening in Sydney....on the weekend I was down in Melbourne for Saturday in Design. Kelly and I launched our new Tokyo light with ISM Lighting, here are some pics.










Here are some more pics of the day...

Also not to forget the fantastic opening to the UNSW ID 20 yr Anniversary, last Thursday night, a great chance to look at all we have achieved (I can't believe we have done all that - and that I have been here so long), catch up with many ex students....they are doing amazing things in design.....

No comments: